By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Process

When we sent our letter of intent (LOI) to China they said you should hear something with in 1-8 weeks. We just passed the one week point! I am so ready to hear. In my heart he has quickly already become ours. So I need to hear. We have been trying to educate ourselves on the paperwork process and all the changes that have taken place since Allie came home. I thought we were jumping through hoops then. Wow, nothing compared to now. The training was excellent and I would recommend the "Because They Waited" seminar for any one that has adopted a child that spent any time in an orphanage. Allie was only there under 9 months and I was amazed to see the insight given in this seminar. Wish I had seen that 4 years ago! So, the paper work. Hhhhmmmm. What can I say. I have never felt more unintelligent. I mean the stuff is just so complicated. I finally understand that all the documents have to be notarized, in a specific format (what ever that means) because it can be messed up very easily. Then normally it has to go to the Secretary of State in NYC. I know some people are city people. I'm not so much. I mean I'm all for a trip to see the tree, but definitely not a city driver. Then it has to all go to the Chinese Consulate, also in NYC. Then the lucky bonus because we live in NY we get to first put it through the county clerk. All this of course costing a bunch of money per document. Then lastly because Michael will not be traveling with me to China I have to get a power of attorney. Not so bad you say. But it also has to go through that whole process in all of the above places. And if I am understanding this correctly, can't be done at the same time because it could expire before we get to go to China. Somewhere in there soon I have to start the immigration process too. I remember that being a fun day! But I think it has changed. I'm hoping. I don't mean to sound unappreciative. I so am. And that face waiting for a family on the other side of the world makes it all worth it. It just can become so overwhelming trying to figure it out. Our adoption agency has been wonderful. The girl that works with the China program is probably sorry she ever heard my name. But she never says anything. (to me anyway :) So as not to scare anyone wanting to adopt. There are ways to have a lot of this done for you. But with our budget we are trying really hard to keep costs down. And you do get through it. One step at a time, it will happen. I just so don't want to mess anything up and cost us time. I want to get him home as quickly as possible. Keep the prayers coming. We so appreciate and need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment