By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Frankie Martin

Awhile back I posted about my dad. We dedicated this blog to him. My dad passed away in January from a long battle with cancer. He never got to go into remission, he never got to get better, but he never gave up or stopped fighting. My dad, Pop Pop, was one of the most amazing people I'll ever know and we all miss him more than you can put into words. There was nothing he couldn't do and he did everything for everyone. He was Joshua's best friend and Joshua was his buddy. I am thankful that he was able to see pictures of Fu Quan and share in our hopes to adopt him. He spoke to us both about our plans and then supported us in them. During one of our talks, many of us were so blessed to have with him over this past year, he told me, "If you can come up with the money for the adoption expense, bring him home". Later I told him we were going to adopt Quan, I wanted him to know. And I told him that he and Quan shared the same birthday. His face lit up. People have said we will have a guardian angel watching over this adoption. I hope so. I hope he can some how look down. We didn't get to tell him Quan's new name. We are going to name him Frank Martin Quan. Quan for his Chinese heritage, Martin after Michael's dad, and Frank after my dad.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! I'm looking forward to going on this journey with you guys by reading your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, feelings and family with all of us.
    xoxo

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, Thank you so much. Your support means so much! I hope you are doing well.L/Y

      Delete