By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Friday, July 6, 2012

So confusing!!!

Thank God for Teresa and her very compassionate and giving ways. My friend (introduced through our very wonderful social worker) offered to look over my dossier before we took it to get certified/ authenticated through the county, state, and ultimately the Chinese consulate. Teresa use to own a dossier business and really knows her stuff. Well, long story short, she graciously gave up at least an hour of her day off to show me where things were missing, and where things had to go to different places than where I was taking them. So now I am back to trying to gather more papers to correctly complete our dossier before going to the county. Our fingerprint forms didn't come in the mail yet from the USCIS. Teresa had sent hers in the day before us and got them on the 3rd, so I am hoping this doesn't mean something is wrong. And the police still didn't do our letter of good conduct for clearance. She left a message that I would be picking it up on Monday (but said to call first, incase....). How angry can I get with them... it's the police. I did send Michael's employment letter to New Jersey for certification. Teresa had told me about that not needing to go to our county since Michael's company is out of NJ. That will take atleast a week and cost another $43. Also, our birth certificates need to go to the city not the county since we weren't born in Suffolk. I was just suppose to know this stuff. But didn't. Once again, thank you Teresa! She said that could take weeks! So we want to go in person while Michael is home.  I was so hoping to have everything ready to go to the state while he is home this time. He just got home yesterday, and the count down begins. I am so frustrated. It just should not be this difficult. Oh, and I forgot. As I was going through our dossier reviewing everything I realized on the back of our marriage certificate the clerk put the wrong year. She put 2013. So that has to be redone. All documents need to be under 6 months old when it goes to China. With all these hold ups, that count down is going quickly as well. If we don't have everything back and done, things start expiring and have to be redone. :(  It just should not be this hard. Just want him home!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment