By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Monday, October 15, 2012

By Faith Not By Site

A door closed today. After prayer we are standing firm. This has always been a God thing. From day one. Things have not happened the way we thought they would. But then Joshua and Hannah didn't arrive the way we thought they would either and Allie arrived in God's perfect timing. God far out did any miracles we could ever have imagined. Hey, I started this blog and this journey with "circle prayers".  This is a big one. Going back to that lesson. I am so thankful to be taught by such an awesome leadership that's at Lambs Chapel. We were totally led there by God 8 yrs ago this month. We are grateful to be surrounded by such an awesome church. Really helpful in times like these. As Michael said today after he told me to not let fear in, "we're down but not out". I am still believing God is going to have the glory in this. And our little guy is not going to be left an orphan. It's in His Word, and I'm standing on it!  It has been really tough lately. Well, for a while now. Those that know us, we lost like half our family this year. In 15 days it will be the one year anniversary of Billy going to heaven. And now recently there's some things going on. It's weighing heavy on me. And I've been praying so hard for some things (people) that are on my heart. Thank God some of those prayers  are being answered :)  And there's that Amanda Todd girl that is all over face book and the internet, just really can't get her off my mind. How many other kids are there just like her out there. I pray to God that one never crosses my path without my noticing or trying to do something to help. Then, sitting in church yesterday, like a light going on, an Amanda that I use to know came to my mind. Actually her mom was a dear friend of mine from the past and she has been on my mind a lot lately. I have her picture sitting out for a few weeks now and I was remembering back to when she was here.  So Amanda just came to mind in the middle of the service yesterday, so I looked her up. My heart broke a little bit tonight. I remember learning when you are praying for people you have to pass it on to God. If you are getting weighed down, your holding on to things. So I am trying really hard to give it all to God. A very wonderful grandpa I use to know had made a plaque once that said "Give all your troubles to God, He'll be up all night anyway." So that's my thought for tonight as I try to get some sleep. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment