By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year

I've always loved new years because it is a time of new beginnings, new possibilities, new dedications to all that is most important. Last year was so hard. This year feels just as hard as we are approaching the anniversary of my dad going to heaven. I don't know why the actual date makes such a difference. We miss him all the time. The "hurt" is always there. But yet, as the date approaches, for some reason, it does seem to get harder. Joshua has been sick. Last night he was having a rough nights sleep. When he finally seemed to be in a deep sleep I got myself to bed, and just found myself sobbing thinking about my dad. Reliving the traumatic moments of last year. Missing him so horribly. I still can't part with the coat I had bought him for Christmas last year even though he only got to wear it once. It had meant so much to me to get a coat that was the warmest but yet the lightest because he was so weak. And he really liked it. It was all part of that day. That last trip to the cancer center that ended him in the hospital once again. We thought we were going home, and he was so happy. But then they whisked him away so fast, and he was so concerned about that coat. It still hurts.  But this year we also have something to hope for. This year is the last Christmas and New Years that Fu Quan will spend in an orphanage. I know this year will probably not be an easy one, full of lots of transition. But I'll take it! Last night as I was sitting with Joshua waiting for him to fall back to sleep, I asked him what he was thinking about. He said "Frankie". "Good or bad?" I asked. I wasn't sure if the thought of having another child in the house, or sharing his room, was starting to trouble him. "All good". he quickly replied. "I just want him home". I agreed. Then I spoke to him about some of the things that might be difficult. He looked up at me and said "I don't care, I just really want him home so bad". He is such a good boy. He is getting older, 10 yrs old already. He hasn't lost that heart. I hope he never does. I'll never forget the time, he wasn't more than 3, something came on the TV showing children around the world that would not have anything for Christmas, and Joshua went and started collecting his toys to send to them. I am so thankful he is going to be going with me to bring Fu Quan home. He needs to see this prayer answered, the way he has hoped. He has experienced so much loss over the past year. So many prayers that weren't answered the way he wanted. He has been praying for this child, his brother, for so long. This year both my sons will see the awesomeness of God and how much he does love them. I wish everyone the very best in the new year. I pray all will be blessed with a love for God and realization of how much he loves each one of us, no matter what.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Joshua was going with you. That is so wonderful!!

    I know the pain you are feeling about your Dad - that was me at this time last year, my own Dad's first anniversary with the Lord. Oh, the ache!! Gut-wrenching!! Sobs from the depths I never knew!! And I have some of his clothing too - and I can't part with them. It's OK, Karen. We miss them and hold onto these little pieces of our Dads, but they're whole now, at peace, and enjoying this time with God while they wait for us all to be together again. How blessed are we that we have the faith that this is not all there is - that our awesome God has a BIGGER plan for us for all eternity!! But it's OK to mourn your Dad because you miss him. And I promise you, it will get easier - you'll never "get over it", but it will hurt less as time goes on.

    I love you, my friend. Happy New Year!! 2013 will be a wonderful year for both of our families!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you are feeling too. It is so hard. But yet we are so blessed to have had such awesome dads. I think I am cried out. But you know what, we do have our faith. And we know we will be together again. My dad was all about family, and family get togethers. I'm thinking your dad was too. They've just gone ahead to get things ready for the rest of us. :) 2013 is going to be a very good year for both our families. I just know it! Love you.

    ReplyDelete