By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Waiting

We are still waiting for answers.  But I am choosing to focus on the answers I've already been given. I am so thankful for my husband and my children, and our family. During my prayer time this morning I kept being brought to this scripture. Romans 8:23-25:  "...even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? But if we hope for what we do not see; we eagerly wait for it with perseverance."  I am so thankful that God is God. We are still waiting for an answer from the bank. And waiting for our paperwork. But I know God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. There is peace in knowing that. This past year has been the hardest of our lives. Everything was shaken. And we had to say goodbye - for now- to Billy, and my dad, and my father in law. There were so many, huge struggles. Our hearts were broken. And all this time having this precious little boy who's been placed in our hearts and wanting so much to finally have him home. It's been hard, and painful. But we know God hurts when we hurt, and he hears our cries, we are never alone. There is so much healing when we allow it. I love and praise Him with all my heart for who He is and all that He is doing. He "is" in control, and I am thankful that I am not. There is so much more I wanted to say today, but have decided instead, to be quiet, for now:)

1 comment:

  1. I so know your heart dear Karen and what you are saying! Praying for you my sweet friend! God IS God and He will pave the way!

    ReplyDelete