By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2 weeks!!

With 2 weeks to go, for the first time, I am coming apart at the seems a bit. Feeling a little stressed. I'm really nervous. Not about my beautiful son, I can't wait to finally meet him and to have him home! That could not come soon enough. I do have some butterflies. I mean I hope he likes me. I know he'll love Michael. But I am actually really nervous about the travel part. I am such a home body. It's ridiculous. I am really venturing out of my comfort zone. I always dreamed of going back to China. Just in my dreams I was never going alone. I really love this child. And my new son, can you imagine what kind of butterflies he must have. I keep telling myself, if he can do what he is about to do, I certainly can do this. I realized tonight that we are not going to be in the same part of Guangzhou that we were the last time and I had a melt down. Not really sure why. But I was kind of gearing up for getting there, which is the last part of the trip, because it would be familiar. I do not like the unknown. And getting on a plane to Korea, finding a connecting flight to Beijing, several flights around China before leaving Guangzhou with my sons to find all the connecting flights again, until we are finally home. Nothing familiar in that.  Hmmm, Getting home. That's when all the unknowns start for our new son. And it's not just for a few weeks. He will be learning a new language. New everything.  Everything is unfamiliar. Oh my very brave boy.  This adoption has been a walk of faith. Knowing we are suppose to be a family. Knowing this was God. Now with the trip, I have to trust and believe, God's got this. He has to equip me to leave my comfort zone. I pray for His protection over us. I pray He brings peace to Frankie's heart. I pray that this is a blessing and growth opportunity for Joshua. I pray for God's protection over our home, that He keeps the girls, pets, and Michael well while we are gone. I pray for Selah.   That is my dog Selah, who is a French Mastiff, with a lot of "issues". We have Copper, Maddy, and Chrissy, who were rescues, and then Selah who is our "non rescue" rescue. She is afraid of everything and everyone including Michael, and never leaves my side. She's my very high maintenance baby and I am seriously concerned how this is going to work out with her staying home with Michael. Allie is having a very tough time with my leaving. I can't even think about being away from the girls or I'll cry. Oh boy. So... I was thinking I will tell Allie I need her to look after Selah. Hopefully that will help both of them, and me. O.k. now I am babbling. I told you....the seems started coming apart tonight. With that note......2 Timothy 1:7 God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. Good night all.  :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I have been so out of the loop! I'm sorry! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALL! This must be so exciting!!!!!!! You are all so blessed and I cannot wait to meet Fu Quan! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've missed you. Where've you been?

    ReplyDelete