By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

5 more days until travel!!

 5 more days to go. I'm feeling a little pressure, but a whole lot of excitement. Still so much to do. I think I am becoming over come with post it notes. I've got a few full pages going as well since the post its just can't hold all that needs to be done. Michael is working right up until the day before we leave so he is able to stay home and take care of the girls while I'm gone. All the paperwork is finally done and organized and ready for the trip. Hopefully it's all good. I'm starting to get things ready to begin packing. Michael reminds me all the time of our frantic pack the night before leaving to bring Allie home. I will not do that again! I got a little suitcase weighing thing. I do not want to run into trouble with over packing. Enough for 3 people for 16 days in 2 suitcases not weighing over 44 pounds, hmmmmm, and this has to include food for son number one who otherwise may starve in China. As hot as it was in the summer, I'm kind of wishing that was the weather so the clothes would be lighter. I can't stop thinking about Frankie and how he's feeling. I wonder if they have told him when we are coming? I wonder if he is excited or nervous. I hope he's not too nervous. I hope he is not angry with us that it has taken so long. As long as it has been, and believe me it's been long, we actually did really good on time. We are almost 1 year to date from when we started the adoption process. I wish I had time to go over the training we were required to do. That was so long ago. We are praying his adjustment goes well. He is so brave to be doing this. A good friend prayed with me tonight. In her prayer she asked that when Frankie got here somehow God would prepare him so that things seemed familiar, almost like he'd seen things before. This touched my heart and it brought me back a few years when I first saw his picture. There was something that connected us to him. It could only be God. The picture he drew of home when they asked him if he wanted to be adopted. I still have that hanging on the refrigerator with the other kids art work.  I pray that miraculously when he gets here he somehow recognizes this as home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment