By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

TA!!!!

We got our travel approval!!! I had been checking the computer all day. When an email came from FTIA saying that they hadn't received any TA s this week,I told Michael, well, it's not going to be this week, hopefully Monday, and I shut the computer off. A while later, around 3:00 the phone rang. I went to answer it and saw FTIA on the caller ID. I almost couldn't breath. When I heard Betty's voice I knew it was good. She told us she had news!!!Our TA arrived! I told her how I had been checking the computer and saw the email. She laughed and said "I guess I posted that a little too early". Who would ever think it could arrive that late on a Friday with the time difference. I posted our great news and then it started, other TA's started coming in! Still praying for a few that didn't get their's yet. It is a very tough wait on a parent's heart. But I have to say. I hung up the phone and started crying, then screaming, then crying again. Then my knees started shaking. Then more crying. I am so excited!!! And scared.... about the trip. Reminder: I am not a traveler. Reminder #2, we are still short some finances. Reminder #3 GOD IS IN CONTROL. This is what we've been waiting for. But now, I have a lot to do, in a relatively small amount of time. We have to finish up paperwork. We need our VISA's and final paperwork loose ends. We have to get everything ready for the trip. Work out details with Michael's work schedule. We are off by 6 days from the original plan that would have worked out a bit better for Michael's job. But I have to believe what ever time it is , is what it is meant to be. I am going to try to pack light, but I still need to get Frankie socks, a hat, and pajamas, toothbrush. I need to get all the meds recommended together just in case, a case of granola bars for Josh in case he won't eat the food in China. I have to have everything set for the girls at home. Allie is having a tough time with the thought that I will be gone. :( I can't think too long on that or I will start crying. I hope I am not forgetting anything. Now I have to coordinate my lists. I am going over any tips I can find. Feel free to offer advice! I still need to figure out how I am going to stay in contact with home. I am very technically challenged and from what I hear it can be difficult from China for those that know what they are doing.I can safely say... I have no idea what I am doing. I still need to get a converter, or is it an adapter.....I rest my case. O.K. ......breath..... We are so close to getting him home! I still have to get the gifts. A great friend has helped us out by giving us some of the gifts that were left over from when they brought their beautiful son home. A huge help!  I have to get an app to help transferring American money to China's. O.K. so maybe I need another list!!! Thank you so much for everyone's prayers. Please be praying I get to China, around China, and home safely with my boys. I never thought I'd be going back without Michael. Please keep Frankie in your prayers. This is such a huge step of faith for him. To leave everything and everyone he has ever known, to go with a total stranger, that doesn't speak his language, to somewhere so far away that he has never seen. Oh, my boy. He must be very brave. Please pray for him. Thank you so much. We are almost there! I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment