By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Saturday, June 30, 2012

The good & bad

I'm feeling sad. No matter how I figure it up, and let me tell you I go over the time table all the time, I can't see us getting our approval to bring Frankie home until about February. All the approvals and processes are just taking so much longer than I expected. I wrote for advice from the wonderful Waiting Children yahoo group I belong to and everyone said a year is pretty much the average time span. We would be one year if we bring him home in Feb. It felt good to know I'm not doing something wrong. I feel like I am trying so hard, but always wonder if there is something I could be doing better or different to make things go faster. Obviously I want to do the best I can for him. He's got another birthday coming up and it brings me to tears to think he is going to still be in the orphanage for it. I don't know for sure what he knows or doesn't know about someone wanting to adopt him. I agree it is too long of a wait to tell him yet. But knowing how it hurts him thinking he doesn't have a family and is another year older just breaks my heart. I just want him home. We want to start making up for all those years. It hurts. Then on a very good note, I was so happily surprised when Donna let us know that we made $550. toward his adoption through our Pampered Chef fundraiser! We need $2560. to send in at the time our dossier goes to China (which I pray will be soon). So $550 is a chunk of that! I'm so excited about that.  We've made it this far. After that stage we will be looking to get a loan. Then some of the financial pressure will be off. I think at that point we'll have a better understanding what we will still need and hopefully be able to get a loan we can handle better. Thank you so much to everyone that purchased something or donated toward helping us get this far. I can't wait to tell him how many people cared about him. That he was important. And everyone wanted to make such a difference for him. Thank you so much. We're blessed. And he is blessed. God has His hand on his life. He's got a plan for him. He was destined to not remain an orphan. And with that I have to remind myself, that it is in God's time. And we wouldn't want it any other way. But until then, I guess I'm going to shed a lot of tears. We love you Frankie.

No comments:

Post a Comment