By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Friday, June 29, 2012

USCIS

Well, I received our confirmation that our I-800A was received June 21. But no sign of when we will get our notice to go get fingerprinted. It just states it was received and forwarded to the Hague adoption unit. So as far as a time line, I have no idea what this means. I just know it is not quick enough. I heard that once we get it we can try to walk in instead of waiting for the appointment. If they aren't busy they may take us. I'm nervous that our appt. may be for when Michael is at work. We are also still waiting for our clearance from the police dept. I thought that would have been here already. As soon as that comes I think we'll start getting everything certified instead of waiting on CIS. I just want him home now! Or to at least feel like it was getting closer. I thought we'd be going in the fall, maybe Nov. Now it is starting to look like it won't be until Feb. of next year. That would mean it took a full year of paper chasing and waiting. I feel like we are working so hard. It seems like it should be quicker. He's continuing to grow up. And he can't even know we are here, desperately wanting him home with us. They had said awhile back that he was getting discouraged because he wanted a family and didn't have one. I just hope he can some day understand that we have wanted him from the moment we saw him. And we are working so hard. My patience can't run out now. It's been very difficult trying to figure it all out. So far it seems we have done well with the paperwork. We did get our application for a grant in on time. Please keep us in prayer that they will help us. I'm trying really hard to not let the stresses get to me. I know God is in control. I find lately I have to remind myself, sometimes several times a day, "God's got this".

No comments:

Post a Comment