By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Yesterday was a very full day. We have been going full steam. We went to the police station to get our clearances. Turns out you have to wait a couple of weeks to get it, so we couldn't follow up with the county. But on the bright side, that is the last piece of paper we need for our dossier. Our CIS paper work is in. They should be receiving it tomorrow. So we began trying to apply for grants. Seems simple enough right? I don't know if it is just because it has been so busy or what, but my brain was having a tough time keeping up. It is quite the process and the numbers weren't adding up.  I don't know if all the school districts are the same but the past 3 weeks have been a marathon to see how much we can fit into the last days of school! My brain is gone. And then even though Michael is the cooler parent, yesterday, they wanted to be with Mommy. I kept trying to explain to them about dead lines. We are trying to make the June cut off date. But I was not getting through their end of the year craziness excitement. O.K., like right now. I am sitting here, taking a moment to write, and the phone rings. I have to say, it was the sweetest little voice on the other end of the phone "mom, can you bring my bathing suit to school? I didn't know I needed it today". Well, I didn't either, so off I ran. I ran upstairs, got the bathing suit, towel, bag, and shoes, got the dogs in, shut the doors, grabbed my bag and ran out the door, jumped in the car....for the second I stared at the dashboard. Something is suppose to happen. Oh yeah, you need keys to run this thing. Back out, in the house, dogs going crazy, false alarm, I am not home yet, save the kisses, got the keys, out the door, in the car......Then a very pleasant surprise. My honey put gas in the car!! That was so appreciated. He's a good guy! Made it on time, and my kiddos are having fun. We will get rest one day. It's all good and I'll take it. I am just really hoping all the paperwork is done correctly.  A bus with very loud, excited children just passed. Got to go. First child home from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment