By Faith Not By Sight

We are a family that loves God and loves each other. Our family is built through, and so blessed by adoption. As a family we are lead to pray for the children who remain orphans with no family to call their own, no mom and dad to take care of them. When one face began to repeatedly appear to us, and many things kept connecting us to one little boy, we began to look closer at this one child in an orphanage in China. We began to listen to our hearts and pray harder. Fast forward to a year later. Our Pastor is teaching on circle prayers. Calling us to move to a higher level in our prayer life and faith. Bold prayers, "circle prayers", prayers that call us to step out in faith, without giving up. Pressing in to the heart of God. So circle prayers are what we are praying, for God to lead us and provide a way for us to bring this little boy home.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Dossier

I'm sitting here holding in my hands our completed dossier!! And I got really emotional. It's been a long time and a lot of work. A lot of writing and a lot of appointments. Michael went back into the city today and picked it up at the consulate. I spent tonight making all the needed copies, photos, checks etc. and put it all together. Months of working on this.  I'm looking at all the official stamps on top of stamps. It's all here. Tomorrow morning we will be at Fed ex when they open so we can overnight this whole package to FTIA. I'm praying that it is all good and it will get the final stamp of approval so it can be on it's way to China!!! We've worked so hard for this. For our little guy. It's been a very hard week. Friday was my dad's birthday. All the things I wanted to write this week, and I just couldn't. It was a hard week to do anything. We miss him so much.  Friday was also Quan's birthday. He turned 9. He turned 9 still not knowing he has a family.  Part of me wants him to know, but part of me hopes he doesn't because it takes so long. If our dossier is good it will be on it's way to China Thursday. Then we wait.  But this is one giant step closer and a big sigh of relief.

1 comment:

  1. That's such great news Karen. I am in awe of what people have to go through and amazed how long the process it is. Keep your spirit up and know that your dad is looking over you and making sure that this happens! xoxo

    ReplyDelete